First Year Hike with Merrell All Out Crush Tough Mudder

Wednesday, January 18, 2017


My love for hiking and trekking started in 2013 when my friend invited me to join in one of Coleman's event to Mt. Batulao in Batangas. I immediately started to bought all the things I needed. A tent, camping cooking tools and equipment, trekking pants and shirts, a day hike bag and of course a trekking shoes.

But there's a lot of hiking shoe brands in the market, so when I ask the sales representative that I am looking for a trekking shoes but can also used as a running shoes. And she recommends me Merrell WaterPro Maipo. After almost 4 years of using it as my day to day shoes it broke down. 

During our trek to Mt. Batulao 203
This year, I planned to go to Sagada and one of the tourist spot I'd like to see is the Marlboro Hills and Blue Soil, this attraction not so popular unlike other tourist spot in Sagada like Kiltepan for the sunrise and sea of clouds because unlike Kiltepan that you can trek for just 30 minutes to viewpoint, you need to spend 1-2 hours of trekking to Marlboro Hills and another 3 hours to Blue Soil.

Since I have BDJ Coupon P 500 off on Merrell Footwear I grab the opportunity to buy a new pair of trekking shoes with my trusted brand.

Merrell All Out Crush Tough Mudder



Details from their Website

There are enough epic obstacles on a Tough Mudder course – your footwear shouldn’t be one of them. This versatile trail runner is built to take a beating, get you across the finish line, and clean up for your next adventure.

Absorbs shock from rocks and obstacles

Breathable Mesh



FEATURES 
• Lock your foot in place through the toughest obstacles with a mesh, TPU and synthetic waterproof upper 
• Drainage ports and abrasion-resistant TPU film serve up lightweight protection and prevent puddles 
• TrailProtect™ pad offers under foot protection from sticks and rocks on the trail 
• UniFly™ integrated EVA footbed absorbs shock from rocks and obstacles 
• Pinwheel lugs offer 360 degree traction and release mud for easy cleanup 
• Reflective details for increased visibility in low light 
• Protective toe cap 
• Breathable mesh lining 
• 6mm Drop 
• 5mm lug height 
• Traditional lace closure 
• Vegan friendly footwear 

I drew my first blood with this footwear in Sagada and it never fails me. We started our trek around 4 AM and it was raining, the trek was hard and I forgot to bring my trekking pole so I used my selfie stick instead and trust my trekking shoes not to slide.

First pit stop at Marlboro Hills
After one hour, our tour guide Kuya John Justo in baptist name or Kuya Omaweng in his Igorot Name. We rest for a little bit before we start our trek again to next station.

Marlboro Hills also known as Kamanbaneng Peak is one of the alternative tourist spot to see the sunrise and sea of clouds to avoid too crowded Kiltepan Peak. Plus the advantage of this tourist spot is you can have 360 degree view of Sagada. 

However, we failed to see the sunrise to due bad weather. So we look forward to see our next destination.




The tour guide told us that we were lucky because we see the wild horse and cows while we were trekking. Mailap daw kasi.



The trail is very challenging and yet though I only use my selfie stick as my trekking pole and sometimes just hold on some plants and branches on slippery trail my trekking shoes really hold on due to the UNI Fly foot protection. I forgot to count how many times our tour guide and my friend's sister slips. I also remember that during our trek I accidentally submerge my shoes in mud and my shoes got covered but still I can easily pull out my foot and shoes in it.




  
What I like about using my Merrell shoes it is lightweight and comfortable. It has breathable mesh lining enables your feet to breathe and move.

Blue Soil

New found travel friend
The Blue Soil is really priceless after almost 5 hour trekking. The view is really amazing as if you see the golden pot at the end of the rainbow. Our tour guide told us that the soil color is due to heavy composition of copper.

My muddy Merrell shoes


After the trek we got back to our inn and I immediately wash my shoes. True to its promise you can easily clean it up and quick dry. I also use it when we got to Eco Valley, Hanging Coffin and Sagada Cemetery trail.

I am looking forward for more mountains to conquer with this shoes.

All Out Crush Tough Mudder is P 5,295.00 regular price.




You Might Also Like

0 (mga) komento

Like us on Facebook

ADVERTISEMENT