Archi Student's Survival Tools

Tuesday, June 02, 2015



I want to be an architect since I was just a kid. But when I enter college and take architecture I have no idea what are tools I should buy to survive because I didn't take any technical drafting subject during high school.

So I create this blog post to help incoming architecture students what are the must have tools you need to survive architecture. Well for disclaimer this post is my opinion and based on my experience.




Drafting Table or Drafting Board. If you have a budget, you can choose different design and colors I think around P 2,000- P 5,000. But when I was in college due to the limited budget I just buy a drafting board for just P 800 I just put it over to a regular table and its good to go.



Technical Pens. There are a lot of technical pens package you can choose. You have to know that the number indicated on the technical pen depends on the points and weight it produce.



Like this on the photo above. But basically when I was still in college I just use at least 3 technical pen. 0.1, 0.3 and 0.5 but you can add also for presentation.



Architectural Templates. Well you can buy and use this tool. There are a lot of architectural templates you can choose with different scales.



Metric Scale. This metric scale will be one of your bestfriend.



T Square. Buy the 36 inches T square because it is one the requirements during college. Engineering students from PUP uses 24 inches T square but for architecture students it is adviceable to use the longer one.



Pencils. For the first year, pencil with different line weight will be useful for visual technique subject. But also you can use it for regular drawing and also monochromatic rendering.



Color pencils.



Watercolor and brushes.



Color pens and kurecolor.

The photos above can be use for your visual technique subjects, for rendering presentation of your plates so better to save some money and invest on those things.




Triangle ruler, protractor and compass. These also will be very useful for your architectural drawing.
















Tracing paper and canister tube.
Aside from tracing paper you can also use other drawing paper depends on the size requirements like parchment paper, onion paper and other paper for architectural presentation depends on your preferences.

All those photos above were available on National Bookstore and Deovir. There is also a store located at Recto Manila near Sogo Hotel I forgot the name but they offer cheaper price.

And also you can add some gadgets to survive.


 These are my own gadgets. A reliable cellphone, camera, usb and music player. Plus a laptop or desktop computer and internet connection. And also some architectural and engineering bookscand magazines for inspiration and references.

Plus lots and lots of coffee.



And friends or barkada


ArkiTres Team


You Might Also Like

0 (mga) komento

Like us on Facebook

ADVERTISEMENT